Take an awesome zucchini bread recipe from SmittenKitchen, tweak it up to make it fit my preferred ingredients, and – boo-ya – a super delicious bread emerges that disappears from the house in a day. We all celebrate around here when we find something that every member of the family likes (feels like a short list sometimes). This bread is on the list!
Recipe: Zucchini Bread
- 2 Eggs (you can substitute 2 “flax eggs” to make it vegan)
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3/4 – 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Zucchini (grated)
- 1t Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (I use sprouted whole wheat)
- 2t Cinnamon
- 1/2t Nutmeg
- 1/2t Baking Soda
- 1/4t Baking Powder
- 1/2t Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Pecans (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in applesauce, coconut oil, coconut sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and pecans.
- Stir this into the egg mixture.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake loaf for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let sit cooling for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan and slicing.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8