I think you are really going to like this recipe. It’s perfecto for clean eaters, vegans, Paleo peeps, and all herbivores and omnivores. Delicious. Nutrient-rich. Simple. The artichokes, olives and curry mix with the fresh herbs and chard resulting in a rich, uber-flavorful hearty meal.
- 1 qt stock (veggie or chicken recommended)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (drained and roughly chopped)
- 1 medium onion (small dice)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 -1 can olives (drained)
- 3 red potatoes (medium dice) — swap with about 1/2 of sweet potato (chopped) if you aren’t eating potatoes
- 1/4 bunch chard (chopped fine, I use the food processor)
- 1/4 cup total of fresh herbs (chopped fine, I use the food processor) — recommend some combination of oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, sage
- 15-20 oz canned chopped tomatoes — depending on how tomato-ey you like your soups
- 1t salt
- 1t curry
- 1T EVOO
- 1 cup shredded/cubed baked chicken (OPTIONAL)
- Sauté onion and garlic in EVOO in a medium-sized pot until onions are translucent.
- Add in stock and the remainder of the ingredients.
- Simmer until the potatoes are soft if you are in a rush. Longer if you have more time (up to an hour or so.) This stew is even better as leftovers the following day, when all the flavors meld together beautifully.
- Taste before serving. Add a little more salt until it “sparkles.”
- Garnish with a touch of grated Parm cheese or a pinch of the fresh finely chopped herbs.