It’s our final week of May’s Salad Spree! But not to worry, I love salads and won’t be able to contain myself from posting salad recipes throughout the summer.
This week’s salad is for my chicken loving friends. It brings together the beautiful flavors of dried cherries and curry and uses gut friendly Greek yogurt instead of the commonly used mayo. I highly recommend using organic chicken (this is an excellent use for leftover meat after roasting a whole chicken.) Enjoy it on lightly toasted whole grain bread or over a bed of greens with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
Recipe: Cherry Chicken Curry Salad
- 2 cups Organic Chicken (cooked, cubed or shredded)
- 2T Red Onion (minced)
- 1 Green Onion (green parts chopped small)
- 1/2 cup Dried Cherries (rough chop)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped small)
- Handful of Spinach (chopped tiny)
- 2T Parsley (chopped tiny)
- 1/4 cup Organic Greek Yogurt
- 1t Curry Powder
- 1t Dijon Mustard
- 1t Sea Salt
- Juice of a Lemon
- A few cranks of Black Pepper
- Mix first six ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- In a little bowl mix the yogurt, curry powder, Dijon mustard, and sea salt.
- Toss the yogurt mixture in with the chicken mixture.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture.
- Crank the black pepper over the top to taste.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Did you enjoy our Salad Spree? Which salads did you try? I’d love to hear all about it!