THIS is my FAVORITE dessert of.all.time.
I was going to post this recipe for the Fourth of July holiday, but I started thinking you might need time to practice it a few times and get the ingredients and practice a few more times and maybe even surprise a father or two on Sunday. So find some local cherries, make some ice cream (or buy the good stuff) and enjoy!
Recipe: Cherries Jubilee
- 1lb Cherries (pitted and cut in half)
- 1.5T Butter or Coconut Oil (we do a combo of both)
- 1T Grand Marnier
- 1T Brandy
- 1/4t Nutmeg
- 1/4t Cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice Cream (here is a link to a beautiful luxurious recipe that uses honey for the sweetener or I also recommend the Strauss brand – expensive but really high quality)
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Heat up the butter/coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add cherries and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add liquor and flambé (light on fire in the pan) while swirling the cherries in the pan. The flames are really exciting and then die out as the alcohol burns off. You just stand there and swirl the pan and everything will take care of itself!
- Add spices and simmer for 5 minutes or until the cherry juice reduces to a syrup consistency.
- Pour over vanilla ice cream and top with a few mini chocolate chips.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
If you need a taste taster, just let me know.
Happy Summer Celebrations!!