What if this year, instead of gorging on chalky little heart candies and overly processed chocolates in little packages, you truly shared your love with others and made nutrient-rich healthy valentine treats?
They are easy. They taste better. They feel special. They look fancy.
You’ll have a smile on your face while making them, and your recipients will have a smile on their face enjoying them. Win win. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Recipe: Black Cherry Chip Non Dairy Ice Cream
- 10oz frozen bananas
- 16oz frozen black cherries (divided)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2t vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In quality blender, blend all ingredients EXCEPT for 4oz of frozen black cherries and chocolate chips. Blend until smooth like soft serve ice cream.
- Remove “ice cream” from blender into a tupperware container.
- Put remaining 4oz of frozen black cherries into blender and blend on low for just a few seconds until black cherries get chopped up a bit.
- Add chunky cherries and the chocolate chips to the “ice cream” and stir in with a spatula.
- Serve immediately for soft serve (delicious!!) or freeze until hard for scooping (also delicious!!). Can be garnished with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, magic shell or a few more chocolate chips. Goes especially well with brownies and port.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings: 6ish (I mean let’s be honest, two of us may have taken a whole batch down at one point. But I also made a batch and served six people reasonable servings with some to spare for later.)
PLUS 2 MORE EXCELLENT, EASY, DELISH, NUTRIENT-RICH TREATS:
Simply buy beautiful dark chocolate chips and a box of raspberries. Stick a chip into each raspberry and serve! Shhhh… it’s a secret that something this good is this easy.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
These are so easy and decadent! Place a saucepan with an inch or so of water in the bottom on the stove top and turn on heat to medium-low. Place a metal or glass mixing bowl on top (to make a double boiler) and pour in 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Use spatula to stir around until the chocolate and oil are melted and incorporated together. Turn off heat. Dip clean, dry strawberries into the chocolate to cover and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Once you are finished dipping your strawberries, place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or so (until chocolate is cool and hardened). Go crazy and sprinkle shredded coconut or mini chocolate chips over them to beautify them for the big day, prior to placing them in the refrigerator.
Also, Almond (True Joy) Bark would be a pretty beautiful treat.
And there are a few more ideas on this old blog post all about Cleaned Up Treats.
And don’t forget Kids Clean Up Magic Shell…
Hope you and yours have a super lovey heart day!!