Here it is… The Granola Recipe that is delicious, crunchy, nutrient-packed and so easy to make! It makes a nice big batch of super versatile goodness. Grab a handful for a snack, use it as a cereal substitute, take your parfaits up about ten notches!
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 2 cups Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 4 cups Raw Slivered Almonds
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1 t Sea Salt
- 1/2 t Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey (or Maple Syrup to make it Vegan)
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix together all the Dry Ingredients in a BIG bowl.
- Combine the Wet Ingredients in a SMALL bowl.
- Stir the Wet Ingredients into the BIG bowl with the Dry Ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Spread the mixture onto two baking sheets as thinly and evenly as possible.
- Bake until toasted – from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and stir on the baking sheets to bring the edges to the center and the center to the edges.
- Place back in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Crumble the granola as you remove it from the baking sheets and add in the raisins or cranberries.
- Store in a dry, cool place (like a 1/2 gallon glass mason jar) and enjoy!
BIG THANKS to one of my earliest friends (I think we met when we were three years old!) and a Lean.Green.Kitchen community member Melissa, who sent this recipe my way. The world needs this granola!!
I would highly recommend putting together a batch of homemade yogurt to go with all this granola goodness!