Here it is. The soup you make when you are under the weather or heading that way. Or when you need simplicity, comfort and nutrients pronto. This recipe is SUPER easy if you already have your chicken stock on hand in the freezer ready to go. Check out the post on Making Your Own Chicken Stock to get started – it is also SUPER easy, but does take a few hours to simmer.
Around our house, we call this one: Simple Brothy Goodness
Recipe: Easy Peasy Chicken Soup AKA Simple Brothy Goodness
- 1 Quart Organic Chicken Stock – homemade preferred (RECIPE)
- 2-3 Big Handfuls of Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Shredded Organic Chicken (leftovers from stock making work great here!)
- High Quality Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Optional: Thinly Sliced Ginger, Cooked Spinach and Cheese Ravioli, Cooked Rice (brown or rice)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Parsley, Cilantro, Green Onions or Chives (whichever sounds best)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Warm stock in a saucepan on the stove top at medium heat.
- Add in spinach, chicken and the optional ginger, ravioli, or rice if using.
- Simmer for five minutes and remove from heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chicken Soup usually takes a decent amount of salt to make it really sparkle. Do a little at a time until it is just as you like it.
- Add toppers and enjoy!
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2-4
Adding in the ravioli make this soup a big favorite with my daughter. She slurps the whole bowl right on up and asks for more. My son loves the ginger slices. Mix it up and make it your own Simple Brothy Goodness!