It has been a week since Halloween, so by now you have either thrown away, donated or eaten all of your Almond Joy bars, right? What if I told you that a superior version could be made by you with only four real food ingredients? And it is easy. And ready in an hour, though you only need to put in about seven minutes of hands-on time. In my opinion, that would be some real true JOY!
Recipe: Almond (Real True) Joy Bark
- 1 cup high quality dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw almonds (love almonds? then use more!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
1. Place a thin layer (around 1/4 inch deep) of unsweetened coconut on parchment or Silpat on a baking sheet.
2. Sprinkle the almonds over the top. Be sure the almonds aren’t on top of each other, spread them out.
6. Crack off pieces and enjoy. It will slowly soften, so I like to wrap my piece in a paper towel if I’m planning on savoring each bite.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Do you have a soft spot for treats? Here are some other great ideas for clean treats!